Monday, June 22, 2015

Final Reflection

1.     Briefly describe the project/assignment you accomplished.
I created a text based game which utilizes if statements to simulate real world choices.
2.    What did you learn that surprised you?
I learned how useful arrays are. Previously I did not see a point to them but I now realize how useful they are.
3.    What challenged you? How did you meet the challenge?
String manipulation challenged me. Using my elbow partners and Ms. Stark I learned to successfully manipulate string.
4.    What would you do differently if you have a chance to do this project again? Why?
If I could do my final project again I would add picture boxes to make my game more visually stimulating.
5.    What have you discovered about yourself as a learner?
I have discovered how creative I can be when coming up with solutions to problems.
6.    How did the project connect to your understanding of programming?
I have a much greater understanding of code, not just Visual Basic but programming concepts.
7.    Thinking back to a particular project or your final project complete the sentence.  Regarding the _______ assignment, I discovered that I ....
Regarding the Math Tutor assignment I discovered that Visual basic has many built in functions that you can use to create a fun and useful program.
8.    How did this learning relate to your goals (personal, academic, or professional)?
I don’t plan to go into programming but I do want to have an understanding of how things work. This class gave me the understanding I had been searching for.
9.    How did this learning relate to the things you are learning in your other courses ?
This relates to my Pre Calc class. In Pre Calc we were learned how to do functions like exponential growth and decay which are things we had to include in Visual Basic programs.
10. How have you grown as a student this semester?
I have greatly grown as a student. I have learned to think creatively and ask not only my teacher for help but also my peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment